What’s new with Riva Cloud?
As 2017 quickly comes to a close, we would like to share some exciting Riva news with you. From Riva Cloud release notes to federated Single Sign-On, there’s something for everyone in this edition of What’s New!
New! Riva Cloud 2017.6 now available
The Riva team is excited to share the release notice for Riva Cloud 2017.6. This release was deployed on Nov 23, 2017.
Riva is constantly striving to provide our customers with the best possible solution to their sync pains and this latest edition of Riva Cloud will not disappoint. The latest version includes a number of features to help improve user management. We’ve also added expanded regular support hours for all of Riva’s customers! Click here for the full release notes.
- Easier for Riva Cloud administrators to rename users. This means no need to fill out a full contact us form! Riva Cloud administrators can now submit a simple change request and the Riva Success Team will follow up with a confirmation of the change.
- Improved user management. Now, adding or removing users to a sync policy no longer requires stopping and restarting the policy.
Riva Cloud Improvements
- Expanded regular support hours for all customers! The same team that brings you Riva Cloud support, with a 98% success rating, is now available 21 hours a day, five days a week. Just below our hours of operation, you can now find an easy link to a time zone converter. If your team requires extended support, our Priority Support Team continues to provide expanded 24-7 coverage.
- Sync Logs button available for all Riva Cloud Company administrators.
With a Riva Cloud subscription in Company Mode, all admins can now view the sync logs. This includes admins who are syncing with a policy, syncing admins without a sync policy in place, and non-syncing admins.
New! Federated SSO with SAML 2.0. You asked for it, Riva delivered!
As part of our continued commitment to Riva Cloud security and simplified administration, Riva Cloud customers can now use Federated Single Sign-On (SSO) using SAML 2.0.
Password management and forgot passwords are a thing of the past… implement SAML today!
As part of our initial limited release, we are looking for customers that will work with our Success Team directly and finalize the documentation for different SSO vendors.
If you’d like to delegate identity management, contact the Riva Success Team to begin the on-boarding process.
- Supports Identity Provider (IdP) initiated authentication. Add a “Riva” app to your company’s app-launch tool bar to give your Riva administrators or users direct access to their Riva management console.
- Full support for Office 365 and Azure Enterprise Applications, as well as other SAML providers like Okta, Ping Identity, ADFS and others.
Whether your team uses SAML or Google GSuite / Apps for work, you can now access your Riva Cloud account using a single user identity.
How can I get more information?
To learn more about the Riva Cloud features released in 2017, please visit our Knowledge Base to view all release notes.
You can also contact our Success Team who would be happy to assist you with any questions!
Customer success is our top priority and our team is available to help answer any questions you might have about this release. Please reach out to Customer Success by logging a ticket.
New! EMEA technical and sales support – Growing our team to better meet your needs
Pedro Climaco, previously Operations and Cloud Infrastructure Development for Riva, made the leap from our Edmonton, Canada office to Mering, a small village near Munich, at the end of September. He joins the EMEA team as a full-time senior technical resource, based in Munich.
“I really like being part of Riva because of the incredible family culture, camaraderie, and focus on customer delight. I asked my manager if there was an opportunity to continue working for Riva in Germany,” said Climaco. “I’m really thankful they said yes, and excited to work with the EMEA team.”
In Canada, Pedro worked on the Riva Cloud infrastructure as well as Amazon Web Services development. Now he will focus on technical consulting and pre-sales. The EMEA team is excited to have him on board to attend events and work closely with customers and partners on everything from support to hosting demo sessions and assisting with Riva deployments and troubleshooting.
With his deep CRM knowledge and Riva expertise, your direct EMEA support agent is just a call away – available in European time. Have pre-sales technical questions? Give us a call – we’re always ready to help!
We also recently celebrated the one-year anniversary of our Pictou, Nova Scotia office. This addition has allowed us to expand our customer support hours. We are excited to be able to offer support 21 hours a day, 5 days a week! Contact us any time with your support questions.