Human Resources Specialist
Riva CRM Integration is looking for a Human Resources Specialist to work in Edmonton, Alberta. The Human Resources Specialist will work closely with our business units, employees, and executive team to create, align, and administer company policies and best practices. The Human Resources Specialist will be responsible for the sourcing, recruitment, and on-boarding of new staff, through a variety of recruiting channels.
Candidates must have a minimum of five years intermediate Human Resources experience with a degree in either Business Administration or Human Resources. Candidates must be comfortable working in labour law across multiple jurisdictions with strong research and analytical skills. Applicants who do not satisfy the experience requirement, the requirements listed below, or who are not legally permitted to work in Canada are asked to not apply.
About Riva CRM Integration
Riva is the leader in CRM and email integration. We help customers improve CRM user adoption and success through better and simpler email integration.
Since 2008, we have developed connectors for fifteen of the world’s best CRM systems – including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SAP Cloud for Customer, Oracle Sales Cloud, SugarCRM, Infor CRM, and others – and five corporate email messaging systems. We provide transparent CRM integration and sync between the world’s lead CRMs and Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Google Apps, IBM Notes, and Novell GroupWise.
What makes Riva the leader in this industry is that it delivers reliable, scalable, secure, transparent, server-side synchronization of CRM and email collaboration information. That means there are no client-side Outlook or IBM Notes client plug-ins or mobile apps to install, configure or manage.
Riva works more reliably than other options. It’s simpler to manage. It supports all native email clients and mobile devices. Riva is more flexible and offers more configuration/customization options for customer fields, custom objects and custom sync requirements. Riva is the proven leader for enterprise customers. (For example, one of our customers uses Riva to sync 28,000+ CRM users.) And, most importantly, Riva just works. It’s a set- and-forget solution that allows sales and support organizations to focus on delivering customer value rather than spending time troubleshooting Outlook or other email client of mobile issues.
Riva is privately-held with offices in the U.S., Canada and Germany with 200 partners around the world. Riva has over 1,200 customers globally – including 35+ Fortune 500 companies, 15 of the world’s largest banks, numerous Global 1000 companies and hundreds of small and medium-sized businesses.
We are looking to hire a Human Resources Specialist who can integrate themselves into the Riva team and become a key contributor to the success of our company. Candidates must have a minimum of three to five years intermediate Human Resources experience, a degree in either Business Administration or Human Resources, strong research and analytical abilities, excellent communication and facilitation skills, and the ability to manage and plan a comprehensive human resources system.
Riva’s Edmonton headquarters has grown from 15 to 50 people in the past 3 years and we expect that number to grow to 70 in the next 18 to 24 months. We are looking to add people who take pride and pleasure in helping customers be successful – people who understand the importance and value of implementing Riva and building and enhancing a commercial application that is consumed by customers from around the world.
- Creating, improving, maintaining and administering Human Resources (HR) and company policies and procedures, as required by Riva’s environment and applicable laws;
- Advocating on behalf of employees for any necessary or desired environmental or process changes;
- Managing the recruitment strategies for Riva and related parties, within the Omni group of companies;
- Interviewing and assessing candidates for available positions;
- Explaining HR and company policies, procedures, laws and standards to new and existing employees;
- Preparing or updating employment records related to hiring, promoting and terminating employees;
- Addressing employment relations issues, such as work complaints, performance or attendance challenges, working conditions and harassment allegations;
- Creating and presenting company specific training to employees;
- Managing Riva’s performance-review and professional development programs;
- Reporting and presenting HR metrics for quarterly reviews with the executive team;
- Gathering market and industry related employment information;
- Providing leadership and recommendations for improved processes;
- Working with the infrastructure team for account provisioning, asset tracking and equipment sign-out procedures;
- Working early morning or late evening shifts as required to support other time zones and continued operations;
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practices with colleagues;
Required Skills and Experience
- Human Resources or Business Administration degree or equivalent experience (HR designations an asset);
- Positive can-do attitude, collaborative, hard-working, gets things done;
- Driven and motivated to achieve team and company goals;
- Minimum of five (5) years applicable work experience;
- Business awareness and management skills;
- Ability to listen, understand, interpret and resolve complex personnel issues;
- Strong personal communications skills;
- Excellent research and analytical abilities;
- Passion for creating an engaging work environment;
- Conflict resolution and meeting facilitation skills;
- Ability to focus and work with interruptions in an exciting and growing company;
- Experience in international recruitment for both LMIA and LMIA exempt positions;
- Must be able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English;
- Secondary language skills an asset.