Riva Scrum Master and Product Manager
Riva CRM Integration is looking for a Scrum Master and Product Manager to work in Edmonton, Alberta.
The Scrum Master and Product Manager will work closely with our development teams on organizing and coordinating product enhancements, feature requests and managing a collaborative and efficient work environment. The Scrum Master and Product Manager will have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience providing product management, knowledge and experience managing teams using C# and .Net development languages, excellent communication and facilitation skills, and the ability to manage and plan a three-year product road-map. Applicants who do not satisfy the experience requirement, the requirements listed below, or who are not legally permitted to work in Canada are asked to not apply.
About Riva CRM Integration
Riva is the leader in CRM and email integration. We help customers improve CRM user adoption and success through better and simpler email integration.
Since 2008, we have developed connectors for fifteen of the world’s best CRM systems – including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SAP Cloud for Customer, Oracle Sales Cloud, SugarCRM, Infor CRM, and others – and five corporate email messaging systems. We provide transparent CRM integration and sync between the world’s lead CRMs and Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Google Apps, IBM Notes, and Novell GroupWise.
What makes Riva the leader in this industry is that it delivers reliable, scalable, secure, transparent, server-side synchronization of CRM and email collaboration information. That means there are no client-side Outlook or IBM Notes client plug-ins or mobile apps to install, configure or manage.
Riva works more reliably than other options. It’s simpler to manage. It supports all native email clients and mobile devices. Riva is more flexible and offers more configuration/customization options for customer fields, custom objects and custom sync requirements. Riva is the proven leader for enterprise customers. (For example, one of our customers uses Riva to sync 28,000+ CRM users.) And, most importantly, Riva just works. It’s a set- and-forget solution that allows sales and support organizations to focus on delivering customer value rather than spending time troubleshooting Outlook or other email client of mobile issues.
Riva is privately-held with offices in the U.S., Canada and Germany with 200 partners around the world. Riva has over 1,200 customers globally – including 35+ Fortune 500 companies, 15 of the world’s largest banks, numerous Global 1000 companies and hundreds of small and medium-sized businesses.
We are looking to hire a Scrum Master and Product Manager who can integrate themselves into the Riva development teams and become a key contributor to the success of our products. The Scrum Master and Product Manager will have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience providing product management, knowledge and experience managing teams using C# and .Net development languages, excellent communication and facilitation skills, and the ability to manage and plan a three-year product road-map.
Riva’s Edmonton headquarters has grown from 15 to 50 people in the past 3 years and we expect that number to grow to 70 in the next 18 to 24 months. We are looking to add people who take pride and pleasure in helping customers be successful – people who understand the importance and value of implementing Riva and building and enhancing a commercial application that is consumed by customers from around the world.
Riva is a C# application that uses web services to sync data between fifteen different CRMs and leading enterprise email platforms.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile and Scrum practices to delight customers and enhance business processes;
- Providing product management services related to Riva On-Premise, Riva Cloud and other products as appropriate;
- Acting as the Scrum Master for existing, and future, development teams;
- Facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings;
- Helping the team to clarify goals, and actions required to achieve them;
- Acting as a funnel point for information going to the team to minimize distractions and interferences;
- Removing impediments and roadblocks for the development teams;
- Keeping the development teams responsible for their deadlines and targets;
- Managing release cycles for multiple products;
- Collaborating with management, the Riva architect and senior developers to research, design, develop, integrate and implement integrations with additional CRM, ERP or email collaboration systems;
- Identifying and prioritizing, through customer feedback and research, enhancements that fall into Riva’s development strategies to add features, functionality and improved integrations short- and long-term;
- Working in an open office area under the supervision of the CTO.
Required Skills and Experience
- Computing technology diploma, university degree, college diploma, a Microsoft MCSA, or other IT designations or equivalent experience;
- Scrum Master certification (CSM, CSPO) or equivalent;
- Positive can-do attitude, collaborative, hard-working, gets things done;
- Driven and motivated to achieve team goals;
- Minimum of seven (7) years applicable work experience;
- Previous experience as a team lead;
- Knowledge and experience in Agile techniques (developing user stories, automated testing and continuous improvement);
- Strong personal communications skills;
- Conflict resolution and meeting facilitation skills;
- Ability to focus and work with interruptions in an exciting and growing company;
- Must be able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English;
- Secondary language skills an asset.