Omni Technology Solutions, Inc.
103, 10301-109 Street
Canada T5J 1N4
Riva CRM Integration, a subsidiary of Omni Technology Solutions, Inc., has three openings on our Riva team for full-time permanent software developers.
|Position:||Software Developer (three positions available)|
|Terms:||Full-time permanent position|
|Location:||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Employer:||Omni Technology Solutions Inc.|
|Benefits:||Vacation benefits and medical, dental, vision and other benefits equivalent to Alberta Blue Cross Personal Plan B|
|Education:||Minimum – a university bachelor’s degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or completion of a college program in computer science. Preference given to holders of a Master’s degree in related field.|
|Salary:||$34.20 to $45.00 an hour based on experience and education|
|Posted:||December 3, 2014|
|Start Date||As soon as available|
Note: Please indicate your work permit status in Canada (Citizen / Permanent Resident / Other). Preference will be given to citizens and people with permanent resident status.
We are looking to hire three software developers for new positions in our Edmonton, Alberta office. The software developers / testers will have three to five years’ software developer experience including two years of experience integrating CRMs, Line-of-Business applications and email/collaboration systems. The target systems will include one or more of the following Salesforce, Oracle CRM On Demand, Sugar, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SAP CRM, SAP C4C, PeopleSoft and Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, IBM Lotus Notes, IBM Domino, GroupWise, Google Apps and others. Applicants who do not satisfy the experience requirement or the requirements listed below are asked to not apply.
Give your career a boost by joining one of Edmonton’s most exciting software development companies!
As a member of our Riva team, you will work with Microsoft stack development projects using the latest tools. The results of your development efforts will have a direct impact on companies around the world.
Omni Technology Solutions Inc., established in August 1999, is a software development company that delivers innovative niche market software products to customers around the world. Our latest product offerings are: Riva CRM Integration Server (server-side synchronisation between the leading global CRMs, line-of-business applications and email systems) and ServiceControl (web-based unified management console for Active Directory, eDirectory, LDAP, OpenLDAP, Terminal Services, Exchange, GroupWise, SAP, Oracle eBusiness and others).
Over 1,000 companies rely on Riva to sync their CRM and email/collaboration systems. Riva customers include 30+ Fortune 500 companies, 10 of the world’s 50 largest banks, numerous Global 1000 customers and hundreds of small and medium-sized businesses.
As our global customer and partner base expands, so does our need for talented software developers and testers. Software development and testing play critical roles in our customer satisfaction and business growth.
Duties will be as follows
Software Developer Duties (about 70% of the time)
Software developers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Write, modify, integrate and test software code
- Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
- Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers
- May research and evaluate a variety of software products
Software Tester Duties (about 30 % of the time)
Information systems testing technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
- Develop and document software testing plans
- Install software and hardware and configure operating system software in preparation for testing
- Execute, analyze and document results of software application tests and information and telecommunication systems tests
- Develop and implement software and information system testing policies, procedures and scripts
- Minimum – a university bachelor’s degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or completion of a college program in computer science
Experience and Competence Requirements
- Three to five years of experience in software development with Microsoft C# and/or ASP.NET applications in a Microsoft stack environment including 2 years of experience in software development and testing with one or more applications that integrate with one of the following systems: Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, IBM Notes and Domino, Novell GroupWise, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamic CRM, Oracle Sales Cloud, Oracle CRM on Demand, SAP CRM, SAP C4C, Sugar CRM, NetSuite, Saleslogix, Sage CRM, GoldMine or others. This amount of experience is required to lead and co-ordinate colleagues and teams of software developers
- Extensive experience in developing and testing applications based on ASP.NET, AJAX, jQuery, Telerik development tools, ASP.NET suite and full working knowledge of the Resharper productivity enhancement tool set
- Strong MS Web services, XML and XSLT experience
- Experience developing, consuming and testing WCF and REST web services
- Experience with software developing and testing using Agile development environment, Test Driven, Acceptance Test Driven and unit test
- Strong web service to web service data transformation skills
- Proficient in oral and written English-language communication skills. For non-native English speakers, a minimum English Competent user on the IELTS test or equivalent test
- Ability to work effectively with other team members and staff members
- The ability to work independently, bring quick resolution to problems and propose innovative solutions is a requirement
Beneficial (not compulsory)
- Experience creating email plug-ins for Gmail, Outlook, Mac, OWA, IBM, Notes, Citrix, iPad, iPhone, Android would be an asset
- We are looking for people who are passionate about technology, people who play with technology, who are active in blogs and have shown technology leadership. We’re looking for developers who can aggressively test code and fix problems and bugs – the first time through.
- 35 or 40 hours a week (Monday to Friday, no shift work)
- Overtime at time-and-a-half starts four hours after a regular week schedule.