Riva Server Requirements | For Exchange | For GroupWise | For CRM
Prior to installing Riva
Prior to installing Riva, please review the Windows server requirements and the system-specific instructions for Microsoft Exchange, Novell GroupWise or Microsoft SharePoint listed below.
Go here for the full System Requirements in our Knowledge Base.
Riva Server Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 / 2003 R2 / 2008 / 2008 R2
- Software Requirements: Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 (recommended)
- Minimum Processor (CPU): Intel P4 / AMD Athlon XP (supports x86 and x64 architectures)
- Minimum Memory (RAM): 256 MB
- Minimum Disk Space: 500 MB
For Exchange CRM integrations
- Certified Messaging Systems: Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2007 and 2003 (On-Premise and Hosted). Office 365.
- Exchange 2010, 2007 and Office 365: Riva connects to Exchange 2010 and 2007 using Exchange Web Services (EWS). These are installed and configured by default if Web Access is enabled in your environment. Office 365 is also supported.
- Exchange 2003: Riva connects to Exchange 2003 using MAPI. This requires the Outlook client to be installed on the Riva system. Because of the Outlook client requirement, Riva must run on a system other than the Exchange 2003 server.
- Hosted Exchange: Riva connects to Hosted Exchange systems using API access to Exchange Web Services (EWS). This is the same API access required to support Apple Mail Exchange Configuration and the latest release of Entourage for Mac (WSE). If your hosted contract provides support for Apple Mail Exchange or Entourage for Mac (Web Services Edition), Riva will also be supported.
To configure your connection for Hosted Exchange, provide the URL that is used to connect for Apple Mail Exchange configuration. To date, we have confirmed compatibility with numerous Hosted Exchange systems including BPOS Exchange Online, MailStreet and Intermedia.
The Exchange connector must be configured with an account that has been assigned “Full Access” or “Impersonate” permissions to the mailboxes to be managed by Riva. This is the same requirement as other third-party sync applications like BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
For GroupWise CRM integrations
- Certified Messaging Systems: Novell GroupWise 8+ and 7.0 SP3 + (with SOAP enabled Post Offices)
- Software Requirements: The GroupWise client that matches the GroupWise server version must be installed on the Riva system. The latest Novell client that matches the version of eDirectory must be installed. It is a good practice to install ConsoleOne with the GroupWise and LDAP snap-ins. This is required primarily for troubleshooting. Please review the following additional requirement if GroupWise is not installed on an NSS volume.
- To configure the eDirectory connection and the GroupWise Trusted Application Key, Riva requires an account with Supervisor rights to the eDirectory system and GroupWise primary domain to register the Trusted Application Key. A second option for the Groupwise connector is to use an account that has Read/Write GroupWise proxy access to the accounts that will be synchronized by Riva.
For GroupWise SharePoint integrations
Go here for the System Requirements for GroupWise SharePoint integrations.